Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Real Talk

I'm having a serious melt down! Why? because I need to lose at least 20 pounds. I'm weighing in at a wopping 160 pounds right now and I have to do something about it. Never would I have imagined I would be in this situation. I was the girl that prayed for 5 pounds. I could eat whatever I wanted to eat, whenever I wanted to eat it and not gain a single pound. Oh how things have changed. Over the last couple of months I have tried The 3 Day Diet, Weight Watchers, Football Bootcamp, Diet Tea and several other lose weight quick tricks but nothing has worked. Probably because I haven't stayed committed to any of them and I don't have a partner to hold me accountable. The only thing that has worked over the last couple of months is my mouth. I keep eating and eating and eating. I LOVE FOOD and I realized that over the years I've developed some really bad eating habits. Grabbing a Pepsi before water is never good and eating Red Velvet Cupcakes in leui of a well balanced meal is a sure way to add on the pounds so this is what I've decided to do. I'm getting my sexy back. I'm making a promise to myself and to you that I will lose 20 pounds in 90 days. Later this week I will be posting a photo of myself as I am now. I am going to warn you now, the picture will not be pretty but I have to do it because I need all of you to hold me accountable. I need to get back to where I use to be and I can't do it without your help. Loving myself on the inside is just as important as loving myself on the outside. I'm going to elliminate the junk food and the Pepsi from my diet, eat more vegetables and lean meat and do my fair share of exercise to keep the heart pumping the way that I should. I want to be around for a long time.

6 comments:

  1. Dymesha, I'm right there with you. I've recommitted myself to consistent workouts and proper diet. I don't mind checking in you if you don't mind checking in on me. My goal is to lose at least 15. 20 might put me in borderline "bobble-head" status. Lol. But I do plan on getting in skinny jeans by Christmas. =)

    Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the same journey. You will be victorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I wish I weighed 160!!! LOL You can do it though. I'm here to cheer you on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you all the best. I'm at a plateau right now. I can't seem to get this last 20lbs. off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so relate. I tried to gain weight as a youth to no avail and now I am fighting to lose just 10-15 lbs. I moved from NYC and stayed at home with my daughter. It was the perfect recipe for weight gain. Ugggh! I will embark on this journey with you because I just have to. Its going to be a lifestyle change for me. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl....try ZUMBA...IT works and its fun so it doesn't feel like a workout!

    ReplyDelete